Kathmandu. After the restoration of the republic, all the former prime ministers who became the prime minister have issued a joint statement and made a serious appeal that only Nepalis should be able to decide about Nepal. We, the Nepalese, should decide about Nepal and draw the attention of all to ensure that there is no direct or indirect interference or manipulation of external forces in Nepal’s internal politics. .Former Prime Ministers Sher Bahadur Deuba, Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda, Madhav Nepal, Jhala Nath Khanal and Dr.Baburam Bhattarai In a joint statement issued on Saturday, said .
This is the first time in Nepal’s political history that these five former prime ministers have shared a common vision of the country’s constitution, foreign policy and democracy. At present, five former prime ministers and the party they are leading are trying to form a common alliance against Prime Minister Oli’s unconstitutional move.
What is the major point in the statement issued on Saturday by five former PMs.
Oli’s ugly display of lust for power that has never existed in Nepal’s political history
To announce the budget from the ordinance after the caretaker government has become the prime minister, to make it public by the prime minister as per the government’s policy and program, to form a task force arbitrarily on highly sensitive issues without national consensus to amend the constitution of Nepal issued by the Constituent Assembly Prime Minister KP Oli has carried out undemocratic acts such as demonstrating the ugly form of lust for power that has never existed in Nepal’s political history, threatening the Supreme Court not only from party meetings but also through the Attorney General.
- Oli cultivates selfish power politics, confusion, uncertainty and instability
The Prime Minister has cultivated selfish power politics, confusion, uncertainty and instability in focusing on the protection of the people from the epidemic while the country is being suffered by the Corona virus epidemic. The state apparatus, government tools and resources have been widely misused for the sake of power. Corruption and irregularities have been protected and patronized by the Prime Minister and his close associates. In order to get the vaccine against coronavirus infection, the propaganda method has been adopted without systematic work in accordance with the established system and norms of the state system.
- Oli continuously attacked the constitution of Nepal one after another
- Prime Minister KP Oli has been attacking Nepal’s constitution one after another. The federal democratic republic and the rule of law have been undermined by the long and hard struggle and movement of the Nepali people achieved. His move to dissolve the House of Representatives last December was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, again by dissolving the House of Representatives for the second time, the Prime Minister has revealed his authoritarian, arbitrary and regressive character.The decision of the Supreme Court on March 7, 2021 has clearly explained the constitutional provision that the election can be fixed by dissolving the House of Representatives only if an alternative government is not formed even after completing the entire process of Article 76 of the Constitution of Nepal. . Prime Minister KP Oli has dissolved the House of Representatives in violation of such a clear decision.
- Direct or indirect interference and manipulation of external forces in Nepal’s internal politics
- It is time to show solidarity against the above-mentioned tyrannical attacks on the constitutional system, the rule of law and the basic principles and values of democracy in Nepal. We, the Nepalese, should make the decision about Nepal and we want to draw everyone’s attention to the fact that there should be no direct or indirect interference or manipulation of external forces in Nepal’s internal politics.
- Excavation of stones, sand and ballast on the pretext of meeting the deficit budget
- While the country is facing an unstable and confusing political situation due to the wrongdoings of the Prime Minister, the caretaker government has decided to excavate stones, sand and ballast from different parts of the country and export it abroad on the pretext of meeting the deficit budget. Such a wrong decision will affect the geography of Nepal, which is in a very sensitive situation, and will create serious environmental problems. Environmentalists say that such excavations, especially in the Chure and Mahabharata ranges, will lead to deforestation and drying up of water sources and desertification of the Terai region. we strongly opposed the government’s decision to set fire to his house and sell ashes for the benefit of others.
- (Highlights of the joint statement issued by the five former prime ministers)